Want a healthy way to get your peanut-butter/chocolate fix without caving in to a Reese’s? These Chocolate Peanut-Butter Protein Balls are a super-easy, high-protein snack that can satisfy your chocolate cravings in a pinch.
I adapted this recipe from Jessica at Chockolawtay’s recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls. I made a few alterations to the recipe (I was out of a few things). Next time I make these I want to make a lower sugar version using stevia or a mix of stevia and honey or agave. In spite of the substitutions I made to the recipe, these still turned out delicious! Very yummy…very close to a dessert but still healthy.
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
- 2 Tablespoons favorite nut/seed butter
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, nut butter, and almond milk. You can warm this for a little bit in the microwave to make mixing easier. Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the protein powder and cocoa powder. This takes a some work to get it all mixed up good. Kneading with your hands works really well. Add in another teaspoon of almond milk if needed.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions, roll into balls, and store in the fridge.