I am keeping up with my brand-new workout streak pretty well so far! This morning I tried my first Blogilates workout from Cassey Ho: the Bikini Blaster 6: Booty Booty Booty. Yay! I am always up for trying targeted exercises for my glutes and thighs, and this one delivered. It was also great for my low back and hamstrings, too, which was just icing on the cake! Right after that I did the Drive By Inner Thighs Challenge (awesome, too!) and was about to do the Abs All Night Challenge when my laptop froze. So, I will put a pin in that one for later.I haven’t done a good Pilates workout in a while and forgot how great they were. Definitely up for more variety in my workouts, so this was fun!
While I was perusing Blogilates, I jumped over to some of her recipes and was inspired to re-make her Berrylicious Microwave Minute Muffin. I have an intolerance to eggs, so I made some changes and came up with an Oatmeal Raisin Muffin that is really yummy and super-fast. For this recipe, I used SunWarrior Vanilla brown rice protein powder.
|Oatmeal Raisin Muffin|
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free oats
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal (or ground chia seeds)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla protein powder (I used brown rice protein powder)
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Truvia (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 4-5 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- Add the water and vanilla and stir thoroughly.
- Spray a little oil into the bottom of a mug or ramekin.
- Pour batter into the prepared mug (or ramekin) and microwave for about 1-1/2 minutes on high until cooked through.
- Top with berries and enjoy!
Flaxseed meal replaces the egg in this recipe and acts as a binder. It is essential to the finished product, otherwise you will have oatmeal!